Macros vs. Intuitive Eating
This week, Ciara discusses a topic she gets asked about regularly: “Is the macro diet right for me?” First, she breaks down what macronutrient eating is, why it can be beneficial for some people, and
who it may not be right for. Ciara also talks about why a calorie is not just a calorie, the alternative option of intuitive eating instead of a macro diet, and how both can affect the most important
aspect of your health, balancing your blood sugar and controlling your insulin. For those that are interested in a macro-based program, there are some tips and tricks that can help you stay
committed and focused, but it’s important to remember, the best program is going to be the one that feels good and that you do consistently.
In this episode, you will learn more about:
- It’s important to look at the quality and processing of food, not just calories in, calories out.
- If you do not balance your blood sugar, you can not balance any of the hormones in your body.
- Balancing blood sugar is the most foundational step you need to take in order to lose weight and reverse diabetes.
- How our body responds with inflammation when we eat canola, soy oil, and other highly processed foods and additives.
- How you sleep, move, and mitigate stress are also huge factors in maintaining your health.
- Just losing weight isn’t going to balance your hormones and reverse disease.
- Health is not a one size fits all approach, and there is not just one way to meet your goals.
- Ciara’s program offers a full health intake and clinical evaluation so she can really understand what is going on and then offer support on top of that.
- The 10 Day Detox will also help you reset your eaten patterns to provide a balance of proteins, fats, and carbs that helps your body run more efficiently.
- Why it’s important to make half your plate at every meal consist of non-starchy or leafy green plants, but also to make sure you get enough protein.
- Who a macro diet may not be for.
- The hard part about transforming your life and taking back your health is your mindset and coming to your health from a different perspective.
- It’s important to look at what works for you. If you have tried macros and it didn’t work for you that doesn’t mean you are a failure.
Say Hi To Ciara At: