This week, Ciara discusses important yet easily doable practices and habits to increase your insulin sensitivity and explains why it’s so important to do so. Insulin sensitivity has so much to do with our weight, mood, sleep, and reducing the risk of so many diseases from diabetes and beyond. Ciara covers how you can upgrade your nutrition, eating schedule, and commitment to fitness to gain balance of your blood sugar and regulate your hormones for a stronger and healthier version of yourself.
In this episode, you will learn more about:
- Balancing our insulin is the first step in hormonal balance and overall health and well being.
- There are simple yet powerful ways to increase your insulin resistance with your nutrition, fitness, meal timing, and sleep.
- There is a huge connection between how sensitive your body is to insulin and your lean muscle to fat ratio.
- Belly fat is connected to a host of other health conditions and higher risk indicators including diabetes and heart disease. This is especially the case in postmenopausal women over the age of 40.
- Lifting weights is a great way to increase insulin sensitivity at a pace that can be slow and steady yet have great results.
- There are common misconceptions about both what we eat (sugar and refined grains) and how often we should eat it.
- Why generic intermittent fasting may not work for many women.
Say Hi To Ciara At: