Have you ever felt totally great and energetic, your diet plan is on point, and then your period comes along and seems to derail everything? If so, you aren’t alone and there is no need to beat yourself
up — but you do need to get clear on the information Ciara puts out this week. Ciara shares a video from her Hormone Solution program all about the menstrual cycle. She breaks down each cycle
and how it can affect our mood, diet, and energy level, and how we can use this knowledge to navigate it with what our body really needs. The more you understand the different cycles and how to
use foods and movement to nurture them, the more you can flow with nature and your natural rhythms and not against them.
In this episode, you will learn more about:
- The different phases of your cycle including menstruation, the follicular phase, proliferative phase, Ovulation, the luteal phase, and the secretory phase.
- Why it’s important to track your cycles each month to gather as much data as possible.
- How your hormones fluctuate during your cycles, and what that can mean for your diet, sleep, and exercise.
- The average length for a period, and how to also use pain and flow as a barometer for health.
- What very painful cramps can be telling you about your body, and how to reduce inflammation.
- What types of foods your body craves most depending on each phase of the cycle.
- Some ideas for starchy foods, and which ones Ciara makes for herself each month.
- How long and intense your exercise should be about where you are in your cycle.
- Why our nutrition plans are harder to stick with during a certain time of the month, and what to do about it.
- How to get your body out of survival / fat storage mode.
Say Hi To Ciara At: