This week Ciara talks about something super important that is one of the pillars of health and hormonal balance – protein. She shares why protein is her favorite macronutrient, and the truth behind the fear
mongering and misinformation out there, making women miss out on this vital piece of information that they should be focusing on. Ciara talks about why we need more protein as we get older, why she
doesn’t recommend Keto for perimenopausal or menopausal women and gives some tips to get more protein in your diet. She discusses the role protein plays in a healthy insulin response, lowering
inflammation, and supporting our lean muscle mass.
In this episode, you will learn more about:
- Why protein gets such a bad rap, and some truth behind the myths and misconceptions.
- Eating protein does not automatically mean you are going to gain muscle and start to look like a bodybuilder. In fact, we start losing about 1% of our muscle mass per year starting at around age 30, so it’s critical to keep active and your muscle mass up.
- We focus so much on fat loss and eating less, when the real conversation should be more about increasing our muscle mass and finding ways to get high quality and clean protein in our systems.
- Protein is not going to put on muscle – you have to work it and do resistance training in order to break it down and build it up.
- Why you need even more protein if you’re sedentary!
- As women, if you want to age gracefully and keep the belly fat down, getting enough protein is a critical component of our nutrition choices.
- Your body composition has a huge impact on your risk of diabetes and many other degenerative diseases.
- Getting enough protein starts at breakfast, Ciara shares some ideas on how to get that 30g in your first meal of the day.
- Protein is even more critical because we are so sedentary right now during the pandemic.
- Getting enough protein doesn’t mean you skip plants and eat like a caveman! Ciara always recommends at least half your plate consists of plants!
Say Hi To Ciara At: