It may feel as though you are destined to live with all the symptoms of your period and deal with the pain, but Ciara’s guest this week proves that is simply not the case. Madeline MacKinnon is a
nutrition consultant and women’s health coach who specializes in giving women current and practical info on holistic period pain relief and hormone balance. Madeline talks about her Period Pain
Relief guide that provides a map on how specific changes in your diet can make a huge difference. She shares her own personal story about overcoming period pain, and her and Ciara talk about the
difference between finding a coach and mentor vs. expecting to outsource your health.
In this episode, you will learn more about:
- You aren’t alone if you have painful and debilitating periods, and there is help out there.
- Madeline shares her own journey as a nutritionist that also had to put in the work to level up to overcome personal health struggles.
- Madeline came up with a Period Pain Relief Guide after fixing her own issues and helping many women address their issues when it came to periods and their menstrual cycle.
- The role that an anti-inflammatory diet has in setting a foundation for an easier and less symptomatic period.
- Madeline talks about customized tests that help identify the core issues, but Ciara reminds us that tests won’t do the work for us, so make sure you are ready and willing to make some lifestyle changes.
- Supplements can be very effective, but they need to be done in conjunction with making the appropriate nutrition and lifestyle choices.
- Going for a walk first thing in the morning is a simple yet powerful practice.
- The top three things Madeline cites as non-negotiables when it comes to period health.
- The healing properties of vegetables on our overall health and also our periods.
Say Hi To Ciara At:
Article on Reducing Death by 40% by eating more vegetables: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140331194030.htm