This week, Ciara talks about a topic near and dear to her heart; emotional eating. She dives into the importance of routines, sleep, and nutrition, and discusses how they are all interconnected in regulating hormones, appetite and blood sugar. Ciara gives tips for how to start planning and changing habits today so you can improve energy, mood and your relationship with emotional eating.
In this episode, you will learn more about:
- We all have a natural circadian rhythm that is dictated by the sun. Getting in line with that will vastly improve your physical and mental health.
- The hours between 10 pm and 2 am are particularly important for women’s hormonal balance; which is why Ciara suggests striving for a 10 o’clock bedtime. Or at the very least, start disconnecting and setting up rituals an hour before bed.
- F.lux is an app that Ciara uses to filter out blue light on her computer.
- When you don’t get enough sleep, it impacts two hormones specific to your appetite and satisfaction with food; ghrelin and leptin.
- Waking up at a similar time every day is critical to maintaining rhythm, grounding you and reducing emotional eating.
- Ciara wasn’t always a morning person, but she trained herself to be one and so can you.
- Meal planning is so important particularly for those with busy and high-stress schedules. When we don’t stay on a balanced eating schedule, our blood sugar drops. Low blood sugar will result in cravings; usually unhealthy ones.
- Nutritional quality and balance are key to unlocking so many health benefits.
- Your microbiome is responsible for more than 70% of your immune system; we can change and improve our microbiome based on our food choices.
- Completely eliminating sugar, even for a week, will be much more effective in reducing cravings than simply cutting down on sugar.
- Feeling our emotions is not negative; it’s important to feel, validate and label them.
Say Hi To Ciara At: